Greetings! I'm calling this a No Recipe Salad because there are literally three steps: rinse, chop, toss. Super forgiving if you don't have a particular ingredient. This salad is a fridge staple that I keep at all times especially during the hot summer months. I eat this in one of three ways:
- As a side salad. If I already have a main course and I'm needing to add in some extra veggies, I will help myself to a few scoops!
- Toss in some grains. If needing something heartier, I love mixing in some quinoa, brown rice, bulgur, or some other whole grain.
- Toss in some chickpeas. If needing some extra protein, adding in chickpeas would be great! Sometimes I do straight out of the can (rinsed!!!) and sometimes I take the extra step of roasting my chickpeaks.
Roughly 4 servings, but eat however much you feel is right :)
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 mini cucumbers (or 1 regular cucumber), diced
- 2 tomatoes (or 2 handfuls of grape tomatoes), diced
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 4-5 mint leaves, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp capers, finely chopped (optional)
- Lemon juice (like... 2-3 good squeezes?)
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Wash your veggies!!!
- Toss in container with the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt & pepper to taste.
That's it! Nothing revolutionary, but still special. Take care and thank you for reading!